How much do you spend monthly?

abby.yao

How much do you spend monthly?

Post by abby.yao » Tue May 31, 2016 2:14 am

Ten years ago, when I went on EM, I was spending EUR1000 a month. That's a lot for the time, but that's because I studied in London and in Denmark, which are very expensive cities. Anyone care to share their monthly expenses?

Mar B.

Re: How much do you spend monthly?

Post by Mar B. » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:42 pm

Back in 2012, it's EUR1000 still and I was in London. It was on average GBP780-GBP800++ after converting.

Half was gone for rental, travel card, groceries etc. The other half, travel fund and shopping!

Glad that most museums and attractions are free.

Tip: Ask merchants if they have student rate. Most cinemas and restaurants around campus (or anywhere really) offer discounts to students. Always bring your student card!

adisa

Post by adisa » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:04 am

Does anyone know, when we're supposed to get our allowance and money for installation costs ( what is this second thing anyway)? I already have to give a big rental deposit as well as pay for the first month rent, which quite a lot of money. Just hope there won't be much delay in getting the money from the consortium :(

abby.yao

Post by abby.yao » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:28 am

Not sure what the installation cost is, but it's best to have enough cash on hand for your first two months in case the allowance comes in late. I had to borrow money from my mom before I left for Europe but was able to pay her back after my first month.

adisa

Post by adisa » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:51 pm

Thanks Abby. I was also wondering what's the usual way students pay for rent and deposit when they're not in that country. I was told Western Union and Moneybooker is not a safe option and it can lead to potential scams. So how do students tackle this? Thanks! :)

abby.yao

Post by abby.yao » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:12 pm

Adisa, if I remember correctly, I did a bank transfer for my room. As long as you are sure that the residence is legit (say, it's a uni dorm or an established private hall that you can verify), they should be able to accept payment options that are safer. It's riskier if it's off-campus or a house sharing with locals, unless you know someone who lived there.

CarlosDaumb

master-invertor.ru/

Post by CarlosDaumb » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:58 pm

http://master-invertor.ru/