Reserve list & Regional opportunity window scholarship

lavania.devi

Reserve list & Regional opportunity window scholarship

Post by lavania.devi » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:01 pm

Hi everyone,

I applied for TROPIMUNDO and got an email today that said that I have been shortlisted for admittance for the programme but not selected for one of the EM scholarships. I'm on the reserve list for the scholarship (position 27).

I also received another email saying that I am the first applicant in row for one of EC's regional opportunity window scholarship. It further said that if EC awards the opportunity scholarship for my geographical region to TROPIMUNDO, I will automatically get the scholarship.

I am quite confused on how the reserve list and opportunity window scholarship works. Can someone please explain this and tell me what my chances are to get a scholarship?

Thank you very much!

abby.yao

Re: Reserve list & Regional opportunity window scholarship

Post by abby.yao » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:40 am

Think of it as two lists: the main scholarship list that is based on the merit of the application and another list based on geography, to enable applicants from certain underrepresented regions to participate. For the first one, it's highly unlikely for you to get a slot. Your chances of getting the scholarship really depend on how likely the EC will award the opportunity scholarship. Let'us hope that they do.

lavania.devi

Post by lavania.devi » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:05 am

abby.yao wrote:Think of it as two lists: the main scholarship list that is based on the merit of the application and another list based on geography, to enable applicants from certain underrepresented regions to participate. For the first one, it's highly unlikely for you to get a slot. Your chances of getting the scholarship really depend on how likely the EC will award the opportunity scholarship. Let'us hope that they do.
Thanks for your reply. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Rajesh

Post by Rajesh » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:46 am

hi as your are in 27th in reserve list,very hard to get that scholarship,if you are in top 3,there could be a chance,i dont know about regional window scholarship,but if you can still make it to erasmus with your own funding,its worth doing it:)

jessica

Post by jessica » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:15 am

Hi~

Just wanted to post somewhere how disappointed I am right now to be just on the reserve list. But oh well, I still am hoping for the best. Just can't help it.

Belinda

Post by Belinda » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:03 pm

I also got an email that I was on the reserve list for MFAMILY, the consortium didn't state my rank but they said if one or more students are rejected then I will be added to the main list. Should I keep my hopes up?