Main List

hoonie12

Main List

Post by hoonie12 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:09 pm

Hi!!

I just got my results this evening and I got into the main list. However, I would like to ask based on your personal experiences about my chances regarding the scholarship. I still have to wait for the scholarship decision by EACEA, which will be out in a few months.

Would I automatically be granted a scholarship due to being included in the main list? What are the measures to get a 100% scholarship grant? My specific ranking is not included in the email so I don't know where I am exactly in the main list.

Thank you!

rpdhbb

Re: Main List

Post by rpdhbb » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:41 am

Hello hoonie12,

Congratulations! I got into the main list of my programme too!

The email sent to me says that, "In the past years EACEA has always accepted our selected candidates," so I guess I wouldn't have to worry about not getting the scholarship. I just sent my coordinators an email saying that I accept/confirm the programme slot and the scholarship offer, as they have requested, and I'm good to go.

I am still waiting for further announcements and instructions, but I am already registered to the database of my host university. The next step for me is to prepare my visa requirements as it's a tedious process.

I hope this kind of arrangement applies to your programme as well, but just to be sure, you can contact your programme coordinator via email just like what I did.

Best of luck!

nautilus90

Post by nautilus90 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:28 am

Congratulations to both of you @hoonie12 and @rpdhbb!

Which programs did you apply? If your on the main list then it is already guaranteed. I was selected for the Geographical Window - Asia scholarship but unlike the main list selection, it needs approval from EACEA. Can't wait for the EACEA decision which will be late April or early May.

rpdhbb

Post by rpdhbb » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:19 am

nautilus90 wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:28 am
Congratulations to both of you @hoonie12 and @rpdhbb!

Which programs did you apply? If your on the main list then it is already guaranteed. I was selected for the Geographical Window - Asia scholarship but unlike the main list selection, it needs approval from EACEA. Can't wait for the EACEA decision which will be late April or early May.
Thank you @nautilus90!

I applied for the 4cities programme. I hope you get into yours! *fingers crossed*

hoonie12

Post by hoonie12 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:34 am

Thank you @rpdhbb and @nautilus90! :)

The email they sent me says that, "We are pleased to inform you that you have been included in the main list of applicants......Further information will be provided as soon as we have received the final decision from the EACEA in Brussels."

I just sent an email saying that I will be waiting for further updates regarding the final check. This is why I am so unsure if being in the main list also entails getting the scholarship. But with what you have just posted here, I guess the final check would just make things formal and official. I certainly hope so! :)

I applied for the EMCL+ programme. Congratulations to you too, @rpdhbb! And I hope you get in also, @nautilus90! :)

nautilus90

Post by nautilus90 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:48 pm

Thanks @hoonie12 and @rpdhbb!

I received this email, "...However this message is only to inform that you are in the main list of selected applicants (Geographical Window) that has been proposed to the Agency in Brussels..."

No worries for you @hoonie12. You're in the main list, it's just for confirmation and formality. Unlike the geographical window, the total number of slots is not guaranteed and you may or may not get a scholarship depending on which geographical region they want to balance.

Do you guys know your ranking? I tried to ask the coordinator regarding my ranking but they can't still disclosed it until it will be verified by EACEA. Although they gave me the score of my application.

rpdhbb

Post by rpdhbb » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:43 pm

nautilus90 wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:48 pm

I received this email, "...However this message is only to inform that you are in the main list of selected applicants (Geographical Window) that has been proposed to the Agency in Brussels..."

No worries for you @hoonie12. You're in the main list, it's just for confirmation and formality. Unlike the geographical window, the total number of slots is not guaranteed and you may or may not get a scholarship depending on which geographical region they want to balance.

Do you guys know your ranking? I tried to ask the coordinator regarding my ranking but they can't still disclosed it until it will be verified by EACEA. Although they gave me the score of my application.

My coordinators haven't disclosed the rankings yet (if there were any in my programme, since the main criterion for the selection is the motivation letter). I guess I will have to wait until mid-May for the official letters to know how I ranked.

I really hope you get it, @nautilus90! Let us know of any progress.

P.S. This forum is super helpful, I must say.

nautilus90

Post by nautilus90 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:32 pm

@rpdhbb I hope so. Thanks. :)

hoonie12

Post by hoonie12 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:01 pm

nautilus90 wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:48 pm

Thank you @nautilus90. I really do hope you get yours! Let's keep our fingers crossed! :) What program are you applying for?

No, I don't know my ranking too. I think it depends on the consortium. I have researched that some programs give out the rankings to the applicants right away while others don't.

nautilus90

Post by nautilus90 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:21 pm

@hoonie12 Thanks. I applied for MER.
Last edited by nautilus90 on Sat May 13, 2017 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.